Root Galaxy S i9000 tutorial based on CF-Kernel Method.
Any smartphone can be rooted if it comes with Android OS. If you decide to root Galaxy S then you should know that this is the rooting method for you: the cf-kernel method.
Quick advantages for root galaxy s: get access to superuser and buxybox is inserted with the new kernel.
What is root galaxy s: your galaxy s i9000 comes with a specific kernel version, and by rooting it you get access to the core of the kernel.
What is kernel: when you use an android app the kernel comes into play, it will understand your command and ask the hardware to respond. When you root galaxy s with cf-root, you replace the existing kernel with a custom one.
Note: the kernels for root galaxy s from the download links bellow are all original with the superuser added. You will lose your warranty if you proceed. There is a way around it, search this blog for how to unroot our phone. Make sure you have a minimum of 50-60% of battery. USB cable drivers mut be installed, if you don’t have them, the easiest way is to install Keys on your computer.
Let’s get started:
1. Download CF-Kernel for root galaxy s
This part is a little tricky. Go to settings, about phone and check your baseband version, the last three letters should coincide with one of the download links. If not, don’t worry; just pick any version because as I told you earlier all the kernels are original, with superuser added.
2. Download ODIN.
3. Extract both files from archives.
4. Now open ODIN.
5. Click PDA in ODIN and search your computer for the other file you extracted, it has the .tar extension.
6. Take out the battery from your phone and put it back in.
7. Put your phone into Download Mode: press Volume Down + Home + Power and keep pressing until it will say Download mode on your screen.
8. Connect the Galaxy S to your computer via USB cable.
9. If the Repartition box is checked in ODIN uncheck it (very important).
10. Click Start in ODIN.
11. After one reboot you have successfully root Galaxy S.
Now you can install rooted android apps and superior custom ROMs. We recommend you try CyanogenMod because they are incredible stable.